LINTON, Ind. (WTHII) - Madi Moore, of Linton, lost the battle to Grafts vs. Host disease on July 15.
Moore was a 17-year-old student at Linton-Stockton High School. She beat AML leukemia in July 2018 and was returning to life as a normal teenage girl until a few months ago. Doctors diagnosed her with graft vs. host disease. She passed away at Riley Hospital for Children at 7:30 a.m. this morning with her family by her side.
Linton-Stockton High School is hosting a prayer circle on July 16 at 12:30 p.m. at the flag pole in front of the high school. Community members can also support Madi's family through a go fund me page created by Heather Graves- Rader to help cover medical expenses.
"It's the least we can do for a family who gives so much," Graves-Rader says.
Numerous efforts are in place throughout the community to support the family including a car show on July 21 from 1-4 p.m. at Humphreys Park in Linton. Jiffy Treet in Linton is also hosting a fundraiser for the family on Thursday.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been announced.
Tough day for the Wabash Valley. We lost a special young lady, Madi Moore. They say the good ones, die young. So true for Madi. She touched more lives than she’ll ever know https://t.co/PfAN2EZl6u
— Rick Semmler (@Rick_Sports10) July 15, 2019
Great sadness this morning as we struggle with the passing of our Madi. She impacted and inspired many, she loved everybody. Her example will never be forgotten. Everybody out there stay #MadiStrong pic.twitter.com/I5sueDi1FU
— Linton Miner VB (@LintonMinerVB) July 15, 2019
Our heartfelt condolences to the family of Madi Moore this morning.
— White River Valley (@WRVwolverines) July 15, 2019
We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Madi Moore. Please pray for her family and friends and hope that they find some comfort and peace knowing she is now pain free and home with Jesus. pic.twitter.com/D8RsBx9yc8
— GCVC (@GCVCtravel) July 15, 2019
RIP to the beautiful Madi Moore ����
— Maddie Robison (@maddie_robison) July 15, 2019
- Community mourns the loss of Madi Moore
- Community comes together for fundraiser for Madi Moore
- Community efforts to keep Madi Moore's memory alive continue
- Services set for 17-year-old Madi Moore
- Madi Moore’s Legacy Lives On
- Carrying on the legacy of Madi Moore through Madi's Hope Foundation
- RHIT community mourns the loss of "Mr. Rose-Hulman"
- Sullivan community mourns loss of Officer Rob Pitts
- Indiana community mourns the loss of retired fire chief
- Community mourns loss of long time church leader