TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Shortly after 10 p.m. last night officers were dispatched to the area of Locust and 13th streets.
Witnesses in the area told News 10 they heard several explosions.
A bomb squad from Avon was then called to the scene to help investigate.
Terre Haute police tell us they believe the explosions came from fireworks.
We spoke with neighbors in the area to find out their perspective on the incident.
One woman wanted to remain anonymous for her safety but shared with us her concerns for the situation.
"We had heard a lot of things... meth labs, fireworks, pipe bombs, and the bombs is what really scared me. I thought ok this is like a block away from my house. If there are bombs how big are they and do we need to evacuate?"
A'landes Herring lives right across from the scene and she shared similar concerns.
"It's a scary thing so I don't wish it happened again or hope it happened again you know? It's just shocking," said Herring.
Both women shared the danger of the neighborhood and several of those who live there refused to do an interview with us because they were concerned for their safety.
The house across from 13th and Locust is now boarded up.
Terre Haute Police told News 10 they did not have any further updates with the situation, but will continue to investigate.
- 'If it is bombs...how big are they? Do we need to evacuate?' Neighbors react to a local explosion in Terre Haute
- 'I heard a bomb, something blew up...' Police investigate two Terre Haute explosions
- Terre Haute shipping facility starts big expansion
- Terre Haute native up for big honor
- Terre Haute's Coke mural making big progress
- Bomb threat causes evacuation of Illinois store
- Neighbors fear the worst in Terre Haute Silver Alert investigation
- Man accused in West Terre Haute bomb scare pleads guilty
- West Terre Haute man receives prison time for bomb scare
- Gas leak leads to Terre Haute bank evacuation