TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Big Brothers Big Sisters is a program through chances and services for youth.
The goal is to use mentoring to change children's lives for the better.
BJ Patterson is Marino Franco's big.
They're paired up through the "bigs with badges" program provided by CASY.
Since Marino suffered the loss of his father at a very young age, this program means a lot to him.
Patterson spends time with Marino for one hour a week for an entire year.
Marino says that his time with Patterson helps him forget about his sadness.
"He actually brings joy into my life instead of me crying about my dad," said Marino.
You too can become a "big" and help children in need of a friend.
To learn more about how you can become a big, click here.
- 'He actually brings joy into my life instead of crying about my dad' Big Brothers Big Sisters changing the lives of local kids
- Big Brother, Big Sister Program expands to Sullivan County
- Baesler's hosts cookout to benefit Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters to hold weekend meet and greet
- Dance your way to helping Big Brothers, Big Sisters $25,000
- Bowling for Kids event raises funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Wabash Valley
- Bowl for Kids' Sake raises money for Big Brothers Big Sisters program
- A long waiting list for kids looking for their Big Brother or Big Sister
- '60 Mentors in Six Months' Big Brother, Big Sister launches new campaign to pair kids with bigs
- Crew carwash to host fundraiser Saturday for Big Brothers Big Sisters