TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The 2019 voting centers in Vigo County have been approved.
It was a packed house at Tuesday morning's election board meeting.
A total of 10 voting centers were approved.
That includes one site at Indiana State University.
You may recall, ISU was chopped due to a number of constraints, including limited parking and concerns over registration.
No public comment was allowed during the meeting.
The board did receive a round of applause for reinstating a center on campus.
News 10 caught up with Laurie Elliott who was happy with the news.
"I feel strongly that the students should be encouraged to vote and start their civic duty early and removing the center from ISU, which was talked about, was just counter-intuitive to me and possibly an attempt at voter suppression, so I feel strongly, like, we need to get everybody to vote," Laurie Elliott, who was in support of the campus voting center.
Honey Creek Mall has also been added as a voting center.
For a complete list of approved voting centers in Vigo County, click here.
- ISU approved, Honey Creek Mall added: Election board green lights Vigo County voting locations
- Honey Creek Mall's Sears location set to close
- New business moving into Honey Creek Mall
- New store opens in Honey Creek Mall
- Honey Creek Mall store officially closes
- Santa arrives at Honey Creek Mall
- Vigo County Electoral Board still finalizing voting center locations
- New store getting ready to open in Honey Creek Mall at former Carson's location
- Golf Complex behind Honey Creek mall could become new jail location
- Honey Creek Mall Sears location looks to be closed for good