TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State University Police are warning of a new scam, and it targets local students.
Once a student responds to the email, the scammer requests personal information.
Authorities say these types of scams are the most common at the start of a new school year.
They happen at nearly every university or college
Police say students and parents should never give out personal information.
- ISU Police warn students of scam
- Police issue warning about Parke County scam
- Police warn of social security scam
- Police warn Duke Energy customers about gift card scam
- West Terre Haute Police warn residents about two different scams
- Central Indiana police agencies warning of IRS scam phone calls
- Police in Linton warn about door to door scam
- ISU Police issue warning after two vehicles stolen from campus
- Brazil PD warns of phone scam
- ISU students exploring technology while making pancakes