VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – The Indiana State Police will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint in Vigo County this Friday.
The goal is to crack down on impaired driving.
Sergeant Matt Ames with the Indiana State Police said the summer months bring an increase in activity and drunk driving.
“We encourage you to go out, visit with your family and visit with your friends and stuff. Just make the right decision at the end of the evening when it’s time for you to go home that you can get home safely,” Ames said.
He encourages the public to participate in reporting a drunk driver. To do so, call 911 and give a complete description of the vehicle, location and its direction of travel.
- ISP to conduct Sobriety Checkpoint on Friday
- ISP conducts a four-year-long investigation into local business owner
- ISP returns from Colorado investigation
- UPDATE: ISP releases cause of Friday crash on I-70
- 2018 ISP Scheid Diesel patrol results released
- Weapon stolen from ISP trooper vehicle
- ISP: Medical condition cause of Friday morning accident on Interstate 70
- ISP names person of interest in Delphi homicide case