KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Indiana Department of Transportation still hopes to overhaul two Knox County intersections.
That's despite criticism from the public at a recent meeting.
INDOT's plans involve US 41 at Freelandville Road and US 41 at Old US 41.
INDOT believes installing median U-Turns would make the intersection safer.
Under the plan, drivers going north would first turn south, cross into a left turn lane, and make a U-Turn.
Vehicles heading south would do the opposite.
Crews will likely start working in spring of 2019.
- INDOT moves ahead with Knox County road plans
- INDOT addresses dangerous Knox County intersection
- INDOT: McDaniel Road Bridge officially open!
- INDOT plans project to address dangerous intersection
- INDOT announces plans to close Vigo County road for a day next week
- INDOT ready to open two median U-turns in Knox County
- Knox County clerk's office begins moving county records
- INDOT app will help you check the roads as winter moves in
- McMullen shares his plans as Knox County Interim 911 Director
- Knox County burn ban lifted