VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - People in Terre Haute had the chance to learn about job opportunities on Tuesday.
The Indiana Department of Transportation held a job fair.
INDOT officials were on-site to answer questions.
Many of the positions would be seasonal. Organizers say the winter months are a very difficult time.
"It seems like every year it becomes a little bit more challenging to find qualified snow plow drivers to drive here in southwestern Indiana...and throughout the state really," Jason Tille from INDOT said.
Pay starts at $16 an hour for many of the jobs.
- INDOT holds Terre Haute job fair
- INDOT hosting hiring fair in Terre Haute Tuesday
- Now hiring! Post office holds Terre Haute job fair
- Now hiring: INDOT hosts job fair, looking for winter help
- Terre Haute's federal prison set to hold career fair
- Postal Service holding job fair in Indianapolis
- Terre Haute plant eliminates 15 jobs
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Terre Haute business holds active shooter training
- Harrison College holds job fair for its students