Photo Gallery 4 Images
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) -- Art, music, food and fun...four words spray-painted on the front of a building, but four things one woman dreams about bringing back to Twelve Points.
"I think a lot of people in the area kind of envision it as a little broad ripple type thing," Jennifer Mullen, Senior Instructor at Indiana State University said.
Jennifer Mullen was born and raised in Terre Haute.
She's spearheading the initiative to clean up and beautify the city, starting with twelve points.
"One of my favorite quotes is the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step what I'd really like to do is get a lot of people passionate about cleaning up the town and the community and just starting here," she said.
But it's not just about picking up trash or painting some walls.
It's about bringing the history back into twelve points."
"It is possible to take some blighted areas and transform them into something wonderful and preserve the history but still make it modern at the same time," Mullen said.
Her dream is to bring Twelve Points back to the happening place that it used to be just a few decades ago.
"I just think if we clean up areas and if we just start with maybe one section at a time," she said. "Even outsiders will come in and see the possibilities."
The group is having a cleanup day in Twelve Points on May 11th.
If you would like more information or get involved in the project, you can email Jennifer Mullen at email@example.com.
She said if you email her she can add you to a list to get added to their facebook page.
The group is also planning to host some festivals in the area in the next few months.
- 'I just feel like it needs a face lift...' One woman wants to bring 12 points back to its former glory.
- Downtown Brazil could get a face lift
- Jasonville Boil Order Lifted
- Seelyville boil order lifted
- McDonald's brings back Shamrock Shakes, Szechuan sauce
- 12 Point Cleanup prompts city's attention
- Knox County burn ban lifted
- Clay County boil order lifted
- Fayette Township Boil Order lifted
- Local hospitals lifting visitor restrictions