TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Hundreds of young athletes and their families are in Terre Haute this weekend for the annual Midwest Soccer Classic.
The Vigo County Youth Soccer Association is hosting the tournament.
Roughly eighty-six teams from Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky are competing in the two-day event.
The Terre Haute Convention and Visitors Bureau estimates a half-million dollar boost to the local economy thanks to the tournament.
The Midwest Classic continues Sunday with games happening from 8am to 6pm.
- Hundreds in town for youth soccer tournament
- Thai youth soccer team leaves hospital
- Hundreds more benefiting from Clay County Youth Food Program
- Clay Youth Food Program
- Ranch will impact youth nationwide
- Youth leaders receive mental health training
- Workshop for youth anxiety and depression
- "I Love Robots" event inspires youth
- Pancake breakfast to benefit Clay Youth League
- Clay County Youth Food Program needs volunteers