TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Road crews have closed a downtown Terre Haute intersection after a massive sinkhole formed.
It happened at 4th and Ohio Streets at just before 3:00 Wednesday afternoon.
Police say they noticed the sinkhole after a firetruck drove through the intersection.
News 10 has learned the sinkhole is about 18 feet deep.
We don't know the actual cause at this time.
Crews have asked that you avoid the area until further notice.
- Crews close downtown Terre Haute intersection after massive sinkhole develops
- Crews work on another Terre Haute sinkhole
- Busy Terre Haute intersection closed until Thursday
- Busy Terre Haute intersection closed through June
- Ohio Street reopens as crews repair a massive sinkhole
- Crows in downtown Terre Haute
- Crews work to clean downtown Terre Haute after Blues Fest
- Sinkholes and festivals: getting around downtown Terre Haute might be a challenge this weekend
- Downtown sinkhole should be fixed by Wednesday
- Downtown Terre Haute road closed for Hulman Center Construction