STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

House fire under investigation in Terre Haute

It happened Sunday evening at a home on South Center Street.

Posted: Apr 15, 2018 5:24 PM
Updated: Apr 15, 2018 6:42 PM

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Fire officials are looking into what caused a house fire in Terre Haute.

It happened Sunday evening at a home on South Center Street.

The Terre Haute Fire Department told News 10 everyone made it out safely. However, some animals died.

Officials believe the fire may have started from the dryer, but that has not been confirmed as the cause. 

The fire is under investigation.

Article Comments

Terre Haute
Broken Clouds
35° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 35°
Robinson
Overcast
34° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 34°
Indianapolis
Overcast
36° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 31°
Rockville
Broken Clouds
35° wxIcon
Hi: 45° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 35°
Casey
Overcast
39° wxIcon
Hi: 45° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 36°
Brazil
Broken Clouds
35° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 35°
Marshall
Broken Clouds
35° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 35°
Scattered rain with mostly cloudy conditions
WTHI Planner
WTHI Temps
WTHI Radar

Latest Video

Image

ISU vs. Ball State MBB

Image

Masterworks Chorale Series

Image

Brazil Concert Band

Image

Vigil held for boy hit and killed in accident

Image

Homeless in the cold

Image

Operation Vanguard looks to become non-profit

Image

Annual Christmas Walk is growing at Pioneer Village

Image

Why Make Waves group plans fundraiser

Image

Death Penalty Resistance forum planned

Image

Utility Scam Awareness Week

WTHI Events