PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) --One person is in critical condition after an accident in Parke County Saturday night.
Authorities tell News 10 a van rear-ended a horse and buggy.
The accident happened on State Road 59 near State Road 236.
One person from the buggy was airlifted to a hospital.
We're hearing that the horse involved ran from the scene. No word yet if it has been found.
Police say alcohol may have been involved but they're still investigating.
- 1 critical after van hits buggy
- Northern Indiana county to build lanes just for Amish buggies
- Driver of horse and buggy being treated after crash
- Worker patching potholes hit, critically injured by vehicle in Illinois
- Blood shortage hits critical levels, officials ask for your help
- Jerry Van Dyke dies at 86
- One person hospitalized after an ambulance crashed into a buggy in Daviess County
- Man was allegedly drunk when he crashed into a buggy in Parke County over the weekend
- Sheriffs office reminds drivers to lookout for buggies after Saturday incident
- 9 hurt after car crashes into horse-drawn buggy in Indiana