BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - Clay county area crime fighters and fire fighters took to the hardwood Monday night for a special fundraiser and the firefighters earned bragging rights.
Fans made their way to the Northview High School gym in Brazil to see the Hoops for Hope basketball game. The Northview Key Club organized the event benefiting the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
Tickets were five dollars or one dollars with the purchased of an eleven dollar t-shirt.
The event raised two thousand dollars.
The Brazil Fire Department recruited some Bowling Green, Posey, Lewis and Jackson firefighters.
The Brazil Police Department joined forces with the Clay County Sheriff's Department and a conservation officer.
Team Fire Fighters beat Team Crime Fighters 51-44.
Players say they were happy to participate because cancer impacts so many people. They hope to play again next year.
- Hoops for Hope game pits crime fighters against fire fighters
- Wabash valley fire fighters trained as fire investigators
- US officials: Ex-IS fighter accepted in US as refugee
- Final Fork: Petty Pit Stop
- Did you notice the fighter jets over Terre Haute? Blue Angels make stop to get ready for next year's airshow
- Hoops for Hope raises thousands for good cause in Brazil
- Hoosier lawmaker hopes to shine light on hidden crime
- Crime Stoppers: Woodgate vandal
- Crime Stoppers: Most Wanted
- Crime Stoppers: Jennifer Sebastian