Photo Gallery 13 Images
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Honoring the fallen and remembering their sacrifice.
The Terre Haute Police Department and the Vigo County Sheriff's Office held a joint memorial service on Thursday.
It was to pay tribute to local law enforcement killed in the line of duty.
It's an annual service at the Terre Haute Police Department headquarters.
COMPLETE COVERAGE | Remembering Officer Rob Pitts
Officers with the Terre Haute Police Department stood side-by-side with deputies from the Vigo County Sheriff's Office - remembering the sacrifice made by each and every local officer killed in the line of duty.
The names of those killed were read, followed by a 21-gun salute.
This ceremony means a lot to these departments, and to the families of the officers killed.
With this service and police week coming up next week...some have said it is like opening up wounds, as many reflect on the loss of Officer Rob Pitts, who died just over one year ago.
- Terre Haute Police Department and Vigo County Sheriff's Office hold joint memorial for fallen officers
- Vigo County public memorial on Thursday honors fallen officers
- Fallen Terre Haute Police Officer identified as Rob Pitts
- Community dinner helps support fallen Terre Haute Police Officer's family
- The Peace Officers' Memorial Service: Full program and remembering fallen Terre Haute officers
- Police officer shortage plaguing Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute man creates shadow box to hold fallen THPD officer's awards
- Now hiring! Post office holds Terre Haute job fair
- Several line the streets to pay their respects for fallen Terre Haute Police Officer
- Services have been set for fallen Terre Haute Police Officer Rob Pitts