SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A homicide investigation is underway in Sullivan County.
That's according to Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom.
Details are few at this time, but police say it started on Tuesday when they executed a search warrant at a home in the eastern part of the county.
During that search, police said they found a dead body.
An autopsy led police to rule the death as a homicide.
They are not releasing specifics on the person or the exact address, but say there is no threat to the community.
Indiana State Police is assisting the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office with the investigation.
- Homicide investigation underway in eastern Sullivan County
- Death investigation underway in Sullivan County
- Sullivan Corn Festival underway
- Three people are dead, homicide investigation underway in Greene County
- Homicide investigation underway in Greene County after man shot
- Joshua Hall gets 16 years in Sullivan County homicide case
- OFFICIALS: Horse found in poor condition in Sullivan County, investigation underway
- Police investigating a homicide in Greene County
- Fire destroys Clay County house, investigation underway
- Sullivan County Ambulance update