TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A home was destroyed by an early morning fire in North Terre Haute.
The fire was reported just after 12:30 Friday morning at 5723 North Erickson Street.
Firefighters found the home fully engulfed and an officer reported hearing ammunition going off inside the house.
The Terre Haute Fire Department reports the cause of the fire was a cigarette.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation.
- THFD: Cigarette the cause of overnight house fire in North Terre Haute
- THFD holds live fire training
- THFD accepting job applications
- Overnight West Terre Haute fire under investigation
- Terre Haute home destroyed by overnight fire
- Vacant house in West Terre Haute destroyed by overnight fire
- THFD shopping for new ambulances
- Terre Haute man arrested after overnight pursuit
- West Terre Haute house fire ruled suspicious
- House fire under investigation in Terre Haute