Home damaged by early morning fire

Firefighters say a space heater may have caused fire

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 7:30 AM
Updated: Mar 21, 2018 7:37 AM

WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An overnight fire heavily damaged a home.

Firefighters got the call just before 2:00 Wednesday morning.

It happened at 1735 West Taylor Avenue in West Terre Haute. That's just south of St. Mary of the Woods.

Crews found flames shooting from the east side of the house.

Duke Energy was called to the scene to handle live electrical wires on the ground.

We're told everyone made it out of the home safely.

Firefighters tell News 10 the fire may have been started by a space heater.

Article Comments

Terre Haute
Few Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 75°
Feels Like: 103°
Robinson
Scattered Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 103°
Indianapolis
Scattered Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 76°
Feels Like: 99°
Rockville
Few Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 103°
Casey
Few Clouds
87° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 97°
Brazil
Few Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 103°
Marshall
Few Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 103°
Excessive Heat this Weekend
WTHI Planner
WTHI Temps
WTHI Radar

Latest Video

Image

Saturday Morning Weather Update

Image

Sullivan

Image

POST 346

Image

Friday Late Forecast

Image

Community remembers 'Mr. Marshall' as city's number 1 fan

Image

Hamilton Center holds annual employee kickoff

Image

Duke Energy hosts JAG Challenge

Image

Greene County combats infant mortality with perinatal navigator

Image

Two killed in four-vehicle crash on I-70 in Clay County

Image

All In: Terre Haute and Danville work to secure casinos just 60 miles apart

WTHI Events