BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - More than a hundred families picked up a free holiday ham Friday evening.
The Duke Energy Foundation and City of Brazil worked together to distribute two thousand dollars worth of ham to the less fortunate.
The foundation donated the money and food recipients were pre-qualified through local agencies.
Duke Energy District Manager Rick Burger says it's just a small way to wish people a happy holiday and say thank you.
"It's very touching to see what food does. It really is, because what I or maybe others take for granted out there everyday, it's just very humbling that I work for a company like this to give something."
Duke Energy is working with the local YMCA and churches to distribute more food to needy families December 21st at the fairgrounds. Four hundred volunteers will unload a semi full of food thanks to a ninety-five hundred dollar Duke Energy Foundation grant.
- Holiday hams warm hearts in Brazil
- Hundreds show up for annual Holiday Ham Giveaway
- What Is Holiday Heart Syndrome?
- Ham radio operators assist with Hurricane Florence communications
- Brazil expands economic district
- Brazil animal service contract approved
- Bluegrass quartet performs in Brazil
- Downtown Brazil gets a little more holiday cheer with new Christmas lights
- Little Hats, Big Hearts
- Accident critically injures Brazil cemetery worker