TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Tomorrow students in Vigo County will close their books for the final time for the 2018 semester.
Hamilton Center and the Vigo County School Corporation have partnered to bring joy to the students.It's a partnership to help improve relationships between school staff and the students. Hamilton Center has adopted Deming Elementary School.
Today students and staff participated in holiday themed activities to kick-off the new partnership.
Organizers say they're thrilled to be a part of it.
“When you walk into a crowd like this, students, and you see their happy faces and their smiling faces and they are waiving at you. That's what I believe heaven must feel like,” Said Hamilton Center CEO Melvin Burks.
- Holiday event brightens spirits at Deming Elementary
- Holiday cheer lights up Deming Park
- Toys for Tots brightens a Wabash Valley Christmas this year.
- Deming Park Pool open for the summer
- Deming Pool closes for the summer
- Easter bunny hops into Deming Park
- Deming Pool opens for the summer
- The 42nd Annual Spirit of Vincennes Rendezvous
- 'Spirit of Terre Haute' hits the rails
- Pictures with the Easter bunny at Deming Park