TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Tomorrow students in Vigo County will close their books for the final time for the 2018 semester.
Hamilton Center and the Vigo County School Corporation have partnered to bring joy to the students.It's a partnership to help improve relationships between school staff and the students. Hamilton Center has adopted Deming Elementary School.
Today students and staff participated in holiday themed activities to kick-off the new partnership.
Organizers say they're thrilled to be a part of it.
“When you walk into a crowd like this, students, and you see their happy faces and their smiling faces and they are waiving at you. That's what I believe heaven must feel like,” Said Hamilton Center CEO Melvin Burks.
- Holiday event brightens spirits at Deming Elementary
- Holiday cheer lights up Deming Park
- Toys for Tots brightens a Wabash Valley Christmas this year.
- Deming Park Pool open for the summer
- Deming Pool closes for the summer
- Pictures with the Easter bunny at Deming Park
- Council votes to table vote on rezoning near Deming Park
- Will past pool problems move back Deming Park opening date?
- Stabbing investigation underway near 20th and Deming Streets
- Friends of the Arboretum spruce up Deming Park