Photo Gallery 2 Images
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Declining membership and costly repairs are forcing a local group to leave its historic home.
Since the 1950s, the Scottish Rite Valley of Terre Haute operated out of 727 Ohio Street.
The building is the original home of the Hippodrome Theatre.
After voting to sell the building, the group is moving to 2901 Ohio Boulevard.
"There's a lot of history with the Scottish Rite in this building, and a lot of past history when it was the Hippodrome Theatre. So it's kind of sad to be leaving, but that's a part of life," Lewis Moke, the executive secretary said.
Moke says the building has been sold and the new owner has a lot of ideas for the space.
- Historic Terre Haute theatre sold
- Terre Haute steel factory sold for $400 million
- Historic Terre Haute building could be yours for $300,000
- Historical marker honoring Syrian population unveiled in Terre Haute
- Historic Terre Haute house opened its doors to the public
- Restoration continues on historic 80-year-old Terre Haute sign
- 200-year-old historic Darwin Ferry to be sold
- With 32,000 tickets already sold, organizers gear up for Terre Haute Air Show
- Work begins on Pantheon Theatre
- Shawnee Theatre celebrates 60 years