VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - A volunteer reported getting a scam call from someone claiming to be with Helping His Hands. The scammer said they were checking on the elderly in Knox County.
During the call, the questions became increasingly personal. The volunteer said many of the questions were ones they believed Helping His Hands should already have known the answers to. The volunteer says when they asked the caller's name, the scammer hung up.
The organization says they have already been in contact with local law enforcement about the call. Jennifer Small with Helping His Hands says they would never ask for personal information during a call.
Small says, "It's hey how are you today? You know, hey we just wanted to check in on this or check in on that. We would never give personal information. I know personally, I would never give personal information over the phone and she had every right to be nervous."
Small asks for anyone who receives one of the scam calls to call Helping His Hands and report it.
- Helping His Hands the target of phone scam
- Terre Haute dentist a target for phone scam
- New scam targets Netflix customers
- Brazil PD warns of phone scam
- Helping His Hands moving locations
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Brazil business owner falls victim to phone scam
- Central Indiana police agencies warning of IRS scam phone calls
- Jail bond phone scam circulates in Sullivan County
- "I get two calls a day." Phone scams have police on high alert