TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - With hazardous snow and ice blanket the Wabash Valley you're asked to look out for your mail carrier.
The United States Postal Service is urging everyone to clear snow and ice from around mailboxes.
The postal service says this weather is not only dangerous, it can also cause delivery delays.
You're asked to clear snow and ice from sidewalks, steps, porches and any other area mail carriers will need to walk through to get you your mailbox. This includes mounds of snow that may pile up from snow plows.
- Help a mail carrier, clear away snow and ice
- Former Indiana mail carrier charged for not delivering mail
- Keep your mailbox clear of snow and ice, or you may not get your mail
- Video shows mail carrier routinely pepper spraying dog
- Mail carrier acts as Santa's helper by answering children's letters to Saint Nick
- Carrier delays, reduces upcoming Indianapolis layoffs
- Thirteen pound cat stuffed into kitten carrier
- PHOTOS: Snow and ice hits the Wabash Valley
- US sending aircraft carrier to Mideast, citing Iran threats
- Your phone carrier can now block robocalls by default