VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Heavy rain is to blame for a Wednesday afternoon crash on Interstate 70.
It happened just before 1:00 near the Indiana/Illinois state line.
Officials told us a mother was driving with her three children when she hydroplaned on wet pavement and hit a guardrail.
Nobody was hurt.
Both the vehicle and the guardrail were severely damaged.
Westbound traffic was closed while crews cleaned up the scene.
- Heavy rain to blame for I-70 crash
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Driver in fatal I-70 crash identified, troopers say tire issue to blame
- Several vehicles involved in I-70 Crash
- Victims names released from Saturday I-70 crashes
- Semi overturns at I-70 exit
- All lanes reopen after Vigo County I-70 crash
- Names released after Clark County crash on I-70
- Police investigate fatal crash on WB I-70 near airport
- Two people dead after Friday morning I-70 crash