INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - We have an update on the next hearing that could pave the way for a casino in Terre Haute.
The Indiana House Ways and Means Committee will hold a hearing on Senate Bill 552 on Tuesday morning.
That is the bill that would legalize sports wagering and move a casino from Gary to Terre Haute.
The current version of the bill would force current owners, Spectacle Entertainment, to give up the license if the casino is relocated here.
Spectacle also wants to move a casino off Lake Michigan inland.
The bill's current version tacks on a fee of $100 million to make that happen.
- Hearing set for next week on Senate Bill 552, the bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Senate Bill 552 passes 10-0, a step that could bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Hearing set for bill that could bring casino to Terre Haute
- Two bills that would bring a casino to Terre Haute passes in Indiana Senate, the House is next
- State Bill involving Terre Haute's possible casino goes to the Senate on Tuesday
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Over 100 people go to Indy to support bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute has passed the Indiana House, here's what's next
- Casino bill heads to full Indiana House
- House, Senate committees to hear Sunday booze sales bills