TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Lawmakers are moving forward with the process that could bring a casino to Terre Haute.
The Indiana Senate Committee on Public Policy has set a hearing for Senate Bill 552. It will take place Wednesday afternoon. Senators Jon Ford and Mark Messmer authored the bill.
The bill allows a Gary, Indiana group to move a gaming license to a proposed casino in Terre Haute. Terre Haute businessman Greg Gibson is a part of this group.
It would also authorize sports wagering. This would apply to all Indiana riverboats, racions, the potential Vigo County casino, and satellite facilities.
The bill would have to be passed out of committee before having a vote before the full Senate, and then the House.
News 10 will be in Indianapolis for the committee hearing and will bring you updates.
- Hearing set for bill that could bring casino to Terre Haute
- Hearing set for next week on Senate Bill 552, the bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Senate Bill 552 passes 10-0, a step that could bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Two bills that would bring a casino to Terre Haute passes in Indiana Senate, the House is next
- Over 100 people go to Indy to support bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute has passed the Indiana House, here's what's next
- State Bill involving Terre Haute's possible casino goes to the Senate on Tuesday
- Casino company places second bet on Terre Haute
- Terre Haute takes two more steps towards getting a casino