MATTOON, Ill. (WTHI) - A judge continued a hearing scheduled for Friday for the teen accused of the Mattoon High School shooting.
The court rescheduled the boy's next hearing for Feb. 15.
You may recall the Sept. 20 shooting inside the Mattoon High School cafeteria that left one student hospitalized.
At the suspect's last hearing, the suspect has been seeing a psychiatrist. We were told the psychiatrist will testify at the next hearing.
Dr. Lawrence Jeckel will offer his recommendations as to where the boy should receive mental health treatment as his case proceeds.
- Hearing for Mattoon High School shooting suspect rescheduled
- Teen involved in Mattoon school shooting receives the maximum sentence
- Mattoon High School teaming up with law enforcement to discuss emergency response to recent shooting
- Mattoon teen admits he fired a gun inside his high school
- One year later: Mattoon High School shooter to be sentenced next month
- Mattoon 15-year-old accused in school shooting has new court date set
- Vincennes National Night Out rescheduled for Thursday
- More time: Boy involved in Mattoon HS shooting will receive more mental health evaluations
- Defense will ask judge to move accused Mattoon school shooter to a different facility
- State files motion to potentially sentences Mattoon school shooter as an adult