VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - It is not too soon to start thinking about mosquitoes. There are steps you can take right now to protect yourself.
Mosquitoes carry dangerous viruses like West Nile. The bugs can often be found in pools of water like those in old tires.
You can check your yard for potential mosquito breeding grounds now.
The Vigo County Health Department is preparing for a program to help prevent the spread of mosquitoes.
Next month, the department is offering a tire amnesty program. The program begins April 1st and runs through May 8th. This is for Vigo county residents only.
Call the health department at (812)234-9181 to schedule an appointment.
- Health department offers tire amnesty program to combat mosquitoes
- Vigo County Health Department set to hold tire amnesty
- Vigo County Health Department to hold Tire Amnesty month
- Indiana traffic fine amnesty program under consideration
- Vigo County Health Report reveals the county's mosquito control plan
- Indiana lawmakers considering property tax amnesty period
- Vincennes Fire Department offers smoke detectors
- Parks department hosts holiday recycling program
- Wabash Valley fire department puts drone program to work