WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - If you had problems with your Verizon cell phone on Thursday, you are not alone.
Staff in our newsroom started experiences issues with making calls and sending texts on Thursday morning.
The Knox County Emergency Management Agency reports a major outage is impacting much of Indiana and the midwest.
The outages started around 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
They report Verizon does not have an estimate on when service will be restored.
You can see an interactive map of the reported outages at Down Detector.
- Having issues with your Verizon cell phone? You're not alone
- "Notification overload." Behavioral impacts of cell phones
- Police say medical issue to blame after driver crashes into Terre Haute cell phone store
- When kids get their first cell phones around the world
- Verizon outage hits customers across the U.S.
- Cell phone left at the scene of a break-in leads police to arrest
- Former commissioner behind bars again, this time accused of stealing a cell phone
- Warrants for cell phone tracking: Better privacy in the digital world or making it harder for police?
- Daviess County Jail inmate found dead in her jail cell
- Study finds e-cig flavors can damage cardiovascular cells