TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local hair salon proved giving back is never out of style.
Hair Play Salon and Spa offered free haircuts for kids on Sunday.
The salon hoped to send at least 50 kids back to school with a fresh look. Kids also received school supplies during the event.
Hair Play is one of the latest to get behind the Garrett Sands Kindness Project.
The push promotes random acts of kindness in memory of the 17-year-old who was killed earlier this year.
"We can join together through anything, through any kind of sorrows," said Jerry and Angelea Krauth, "You know, we've had a lot in Terre Haute here lately, and it's just, you know, a great way to mend."
- Hair salon hosts free haircuts as part of acts of kindness for Garrett Sands
- Salon offers free back to school haircuts in honor of Garrett Sands
- Remembering Garrett Sands through simple acts of kindness
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project adopts highway in Garrett's memory
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project helps family heal during the holidays
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project teams up to help homeless veterans
- Family of Garrett Sands pick up trash as public act of kindness
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project hands out free flowers to local shoppers