TUMWATER, WA (AP) — A gunman wounded two people before being fatally shot by a bystander at a Walmart store in Washington state Sunday evening.
The incident happened about 5 p.m. in Tumwater.
KOMO-TV reports that a witness says people were in line when they heard gunfire in the store. The station reports that as people fled the store, the gunman followed and shots were heard outside.
Police tell the station that the gunman then attempted to carjack someone and was shot by a bystander.
One shooting victim was flown by helicopter to a hospital, while another was being treated for a non-life threatening injury.
Police are investigating four scenes connected with the shooting.
Tumwater is in Thurston County and near Olympia.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gunman wounds 2 at Walmart store before being fatally shot by bystander
- Gunman opens fire at Chicago hospital, wounds at least 4
- Gunman wounds at least 6 Philadelphia police; 2 more trapped
- Flu shot available at local Walmart locations
- Sheriff: fatally wounded deputy's loss will be felt forever
- Gunman dead and 2 wounded -- including 12-year-old girl -- in Alabama mall shooting
- Armed congregants kill gunman who shot 2 at Texas church
- Authorities: Off-duty Indiana trooper shot, wounded by son
- 5 people, including 2 judges, shot, wounded in Indianapolis
- Walmart to stop selling electronic cigarettes at its stores