VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Groups in our community are working to stop human trafficking.
People met at Gibault in Terre Haute to talk about the issue on Thursday evening.
The workshop focused on three points - identification, recognition, and reporting.
Participants learned about service networks to identify and help victims.
They also talked about the role they play in spotting the red flags of trafficking.
Indiana Trafficking Victims Assistance Program sponsored the event.
You can learn more from them by clicking here.
- Groups gather to put an end to human trafficking
- CANDLES hosts human trafficking awareness event
- Local boutique works to fight human trafficking
- Group gathers to discuss pool options
- FBI: 120 arrested for human trafficking in joint operation
- Shining a light on human trafficking involving minors
- AG announces expansion of Indiana’s Human Trafficking Unit
- Indiana State Police join 4-state human trafficking campaign
- Indiana gas stations teach staff to report human trafficking
- Human trafficking arrest on the rise, Officials warn of signs