TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. That's one motto the members of Trees, Incorporated live by.
The group gathered Saturday morning at Deming Park in Terre Haute. About sixty people including volunteers showed up to help plant trees. They worked in the park, along Ohio Boulevard and near Margaret Avenue.
Trees, Inc. works with the city to determine areas of need and city employees help by digging the holes. The trees planted Saturday replace dead and diseased trees.
Trees, Inc. President Kim Kimbler says, "Trees are very important to our environment and wit so many different diseases that they're having now, emerald ash borer. They need to make sure that if there are so many trees that are being taken down we need to put just as many back up."
Indiana State University Honors college students were among the volunteers.
Trees, Inc. plants trees each spring and fall.
- Group works with city to plant trees
- Volunteers plant trees for Terre Haute trail
- 100 new trees planted in Terre Haute
- TREES Inc. and volunteers help plant new trees in the city
- Knox County working to fight invasive plants
- Group works to honor female veterans
- Group works to empower local kids
- Group works to help Terre Haute homeless
- Group works to build healthier ISU campus
- Group working to revitalize 12 Points area