TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local neighborhood wants it to give itself a facelift just in time for the holidays.
12 Points is a historic section of the north end of Terre Haute.
On Monday, we caught up with people from the area that call themselves the '12 Points Pride Committee.'
They were out picking up litter in the area.
They said it is a very small way to show the city the importance of 12 Points.
"We want to bring pride back...we want to bring interest back. We want people to notice that there are businesses in 12 Points," Karen Long from the committee said.
Cleaning up is just the beginning
This Friday at 5:00, the committee will be hosting a 12-Points Christmas Tree Lighting.
It will take place at Gold Medal Park.
Mayor Duke Bennett is scheduled to be there to help light the tree.
- Group works to give 12 Points a facelift
- Group working to revitalize 12 Points area
- Wabash Valley city helps give homes a facelift
- 80-year-old Clabber Girl billboard to receive a facelift
- "...we're just really trying hard to clean up as best we can." Group works bring people back to 12 Points
- Vigo County Parks board working to give Dewey Point an upgrade
- Work completed on Dewey Point Kayak Launch
- Group works to honor female veterans
- Group works to empower local kids
- Group works to help Terre Haute homeless