TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Wednesday was World Down Syndrome Day.
A local group marked the occassion in a neat way! Happiness Bag of Terre Haute took part in a flash mob. The group serves people with disabilities.
Organizers told us the event was all about having some fun! "All the kids and adults are having a good time, just enjoying each other. It doesn't matter that anybody has a diagnosis. They're all just having fun and joining together to celebrate each other," said Dixie Russell from Indiana Down Syndrome.
People around Indiana also took part in similar flash mobs at 6:21 p.m. Wednesday.
- Group breaks into dance to mark World Down Syndrome Day
- What Is Holiday Heart Syndrome?
- Research for "The Cute Syndrome"
- A sweet treat for a little girl, local donut shop celebrates World Down Syndrome Day
- Local group getting set to mark milestone
- Learn a dance or take a walk for Down Syndrome Indiana
- Trump signs proclamation marking Pearl Harbor Day
- Mark Zuckerberg makes the case for not breaking up Facebook
- Local donut shop to offer sweet treats for Down Syndrome Day
- THPD enforce dance permit ordinance