GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Overcrowding will soon be fixed at one Wabash Valley jail!
Greene County Commissioners say they will break ground on the new jail next Thursday. This is a $16 million project.
Commissioners say they plan to add on to the current jail. This will create 200 more beds at the facility.
Commissioners say they expect to house inmates from nearby counties due to the high demand for jail space.
The jail should be complete by spring of 2019.
- Greene County to break ground on new jail
- Ground breaks on $15.6 million Greene County Jail project
- Vigo County Commissioners hope to break ground on new jail in mid-December
- With the financial documents signed, crews can now break ground on new Vigo County Jail
- One step closer to breaking ground on the new Vigo County jail.
- Greene County Jail will help house Sullivan County inmates
- Bloomfield pool breaks ground on renovation project
- Catholic Charities breaks ground on new building
- Rose-Hulman breaks ground on new building
- Daviess County ready to break ground on new annex facility