GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Greene County leaders have signed a tornado and flooding disaster declaration.
The declaration was signed by Edward Michael, the Vice President of the Greene County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday afternoon.
The National Weather Service confirmed an EF-2 tornado touchdown on Saturday.
Officials are still working to assess how much damage was done by the storms.
Leaders are also declaring a flooding disaster due to the impact on county roads and to farmers.
- Greene County leaders sign disaster declaration after weekend storms
- 4 more counties added to emergency disaster declaration
- Weekend tornado destroys homes in Greene County
- Greene County leaders ask residents with storm damage to report i
- Vigo County Bicentennial: The Fontanet disaster
- Indiana Silver Alert Declared
- Florida, Mississippi and Alabama declare emergencies ahead of storm Alberto
- Area hospitals prepare for disasters
- Indiana leaders request crop disaster designation after wetter than normal planting season
- 6th annual 'Made in Greene County' event