VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - College students got a dose of the real world Wednesday morning.
That's with the Great Start Boot Camp, hosted by Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
It's a conference that prepares freshmen and sophomores for the workforce.
Sessions covered several topics such as dressing for success and how to control your look when communicating nonverbally.
"One of the things that we got feedback on a lot last year is that they wanted more information about finances," said Learning Resource Center Director Christy Gunderson, "So we have a session that's specifically for budgeting to help them alleviate some of those questions they have about money and the finance issues."
This is the second year for the event. It's also part of a grant through the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- Great Start Boot Camp prepares college students for the workforce
- Seeing life through her boots
- Grant money helps students develop workforce skills through technology
- Project underway to help Vigo county students prepare for college
- Governor signs Indiana workforce development bills
- Area parks preparing for camping season
- Camp Navigate summer camp prepares kids for future
- Local high school students complete program to help them join the workforce
- Grant dollars to help Vigo County students prepare for colleges and careers
- Holcomb talks workforce development, opioid fight in annual address