TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A virtual reality program is working to cut out distracted driving.
Launch Terre Haute and AT&T shared a powerful message on Friday.
The 'It Can Wait' campaign used a distracted driving simulator.
It shows exactly what it would be like to drive while texting.
People who took part told us it really opened their eyes.
Organizers say distracted driving is like driving the length of a football field blindfolded.
47 states have laws against texting while driving.
- Getting behind the virtual wheel to send a powerful message
- Widow's powerful message inspires call to action
- Global speaker delivers powerful message at Rose-Hulman
- Wheels down on new airport restaurant
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Car enthusiasts showed off their hot wheels
- Appeals on Wheels visits Washington high school
- Meals on Wheels hosts fundraiser dinner
- Meals on Wheels receives some special help
- Voters send a message, unseating two Vigo County School Board members