TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Families can get moving in downtown Terre Haute Friday evening.
June 1 marks the first Friday of the month. The theme is "Get Fit," with an emphasis on healthy lifestyles. The entire event runs from 5:00pm - 9:00pm in downtown Terre Haute.
Families can enjoy sidewalk fitness fun from 5:00 - 8:00pm. There's also a discussion about healthy bodies happening at the Vigo County Public Library.
This month's event features a foam run and a old school bike cruise. Everyone with any kind of bike can join the "Rad Ride." It starts at 6:00pm at 9th Street and Wabash Avenue. The Griffin Bike Park is helping organize this ride.
Several businesses downtown offer specials on First Friday evenings.
A picnic earlier in the day will help start things for First Friday. "Picnic at the Plaza" is happening from 11:00am - 2:00pm between Terre Haute City Hall and the Vigo County Courthouse. The event is free to attend. There will be food trucks and live music at the event.
You can stay connected to First Friday events and more on Facebook.
- 'Get fit' in downtown Terre Haute Friday
- Crows in downtown Terre Haute
- Does downtown Terre Haute need parking meters?
- Lee Company expanding in downtown Terre Haute
- New restaurant opens in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Police investigate Friday morning shooting
- Groups meet for networking opportunity in downtown Terre Haute
- Downtown Terre Haute gets into the Christmas spirit
- Light Your Way parade held in downtown Terre Haute
- Pursuit with THPD ends in downtown Terre Haute