VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Next week the state of Indiana is going to get recognized in the form a new state quarter.
Nov. 14 is the George Rogers Clark Memorial Quarter launch ceremony. This will be the fifth quarter released this year.
It’s part of the America the Beautiful quarter program.
These new quarters are designed after national parks and historic sites. And the new Indiana quarter will picture George Rogers Clark himself.
There will also be a coin exchange for those interested in getting these new quarters.
Over a thousand people are expected to attend the event, not only from the community but also from across the county.
"We're certainly going to have the coin collectors that will be coming out in droves,” Joe Herron said, chief Park Ranger. “There’s a ton of people who follow these ceremonies and make appearances and want to be first in line to get them."
The event takes place Tuesday at 10 a.m. in Vincennes. If you would like to purchase a quarter you have to do it by the roll, up to a maximum of $100 per person.
For more information, click here.
- George Rogers Clark Memorial Quarter launch ceremony
- Crews to address contamination at George Rogers Clark Memorial national park
- George Rogers National Historical Park to resume full operation
- Local law firm holds memorial ceremony
- Second memorial service for President George H.W. Bush
- Indiana State Police hold memorial ceremony at Putmanville post
- Untold story of Curious George
- 2019 Golden Apple Awards Ceremony
- Powwow connects people through ceremony
- Parts of Clark County under boil order