HOUSTON (AP) — A family spokesman says former President George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with an infection, just after attending the funeral of his wife Barbara.
Jim McGrath says on Twitter that the 93-year-old Bush is “responding to treatments and appears to be recovering.” He says he was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital Sunday morning after an infection spread to his blood.
Barbara Bush was laid to rest Saturday in a ceremony attended by her husband and former presidents Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George W. Bush and their spouses, along with current first lady Melania Trump.
- Spokesman: George HW Bush hospitalized with blood infection
- Former President George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Text of George W Bush’s eulogy for George HW Bush
- Former President George H.W. Bush's last words, as spoken to his son, George W. Bush
- Former President George H.W. Bush celebrates 94th birthday
- Former President George H.W. Bush dies at age 94
- George H.W. Bush funeral: Former presidents, world leaders to attend
- Second memorial service for President George H.W. Bush
- President George HW Bush returns to capital to lie in state
- Wisconsin man contracts rare blood infection from dog lick