BIDDEFORD, Maine (AP) - A spokesman for former President George H.W. Bush says the 93-year-old has been hospitalized for low blood pressure and fatigue.
Spokesman Jim McGrath tweeted just after 2 p.m. Sunday that Bush will likely remain in the hospital for a few days.
Bush is being treated at Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford. McGrath said Bush is awake, alert and not in any discomfort.
A hospital spokeswoman said Sunday all information would be released by the Bush family.
The 41st president is spending the summer at the family compound in Kennebunkport. He attended a pancake breakfast Saturday at the local American Legion.
Bush's wife of 73 years, Barbara, died last month.
The day after his wife's funeral, Bush was hospitalized in Houston for an infection for 13 days.
- Former President George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Spokesman: George HW Bush hospitalized with blood infection
- Former President George H.W. Bush celebrates 94th birthday
- Former President George H.W. Bush dies at age 94
- George H.W. Bush funeral: Former presidents, world leaders to attend
- Second memorial service for President George H.W. Bush
- Former President George H.W. Bush's last words, as spoken to his son, George W. Bush
- Text of George W Bush’s eulogy for George HW Bush
- President George HW Bush returns to capital to lie in state
- George W. Bush says Billy Graham changed his life