TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - There's a delay on 7th Street construction project in Terre Haute.
That delay is due to nearly 40 natural gas lines being discovered on South 7th Street.
City crews worked with Vectren to relocate all of those lines, with the work wrapping up on Friday.
Weather permitting, road work between Hulman and Voorhees Streets will continue on Monday.
The new timeline given to complete the first phase of the project is now the end of July.
Work for the second phase, which includes Vorhees to just south of Helen Avenue is expected to wrap up by the end of August.
A state grant is helping to cover half of the costs.
The price tag for the project is around $550,000.
- Gas lines on 7th Street delay construction project
- South 7th Street reopens after construction project
- Next phase of 7th Street construction starts
- 7th Street construction costs jump nearly $100,000 after issue discovered
- Road Closed: Construction begins on part of south 7th Street
- Second phase of 7th Street project set to begin soon
- 7th Street project weeks away from wrapping up
- Poplar Street bridge project hits a delay
- Bid awarded for Poplar Street construction project
- Construction closes Vincennes street