KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Gary, Indiana man was arrested in Knox County on drug charges after police stopped him for driving nearly 100 miles per hour.
It happened on Sunday night on U.S. 41 near Industrial Park Boulevard.
According to Indiana State Police, a trooper stopped 44-year-old Darrell Cannon for driving 95 miles per hour on 41.
The trooper said he noticed the smell of raw marijuana coming from the car.
After searching the car, police said they found a loaded handgun and marijuana.
Cannon did not have a license to carry and had a previous conviction for carrying a handgun without a license.
He was arrested and facing charges of possession of a handgun with a prior conviction and possession of marijuana.
- Gary, Ind. man stopped in Knox County going nearly 100 mph, police find loaded gun and drugs in his car
- Gary, Ind. man accused of stealing truck and donation box from Sullivan auto dealership
- Police: 2 wounded in Indiana after children find loaded gun
- Loogootee man accused of leading police on a chase that hit speeds over 100 mph
- Police say man nearly hits 100 mph during a high-speed motorcycle chase
- Two juveniles charged with arson after Washington, Ind. house fire
- Police say teen reaches 100 mph during high-speed chase through Terre Haute
- Officials identify man that died in Knox County police chase
- Police: Wisconsin man exceeded 160 mph on Indiana Toll Road
- Man charged with arson in Knox County