TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Remembering a local teen on his birthday.
Garrett Sands was shot and killed last month at a house party.
On Thursday friends and family are holding a candlelight vigil.
It would have been his 18th birthday.
The vigil is set for Thursday night at 8:30 at Terre Haute South Vigo High School's parking lot.
The event is open the public.
- Garrett Sands vigil set for Thursday
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project adopts highway in Garrett's memory
- Funeral services Monday for Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- Hundreds celebrate the life of William Garrett Sands
- Tattoo shop honors Garrett Sands with special designs
- Remembering Garrett Sands through simple acts of kindness
- School supplies donated in honor of Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project helps family heal during the holidays
- Nathan Derickson sentenced for the death of Garrett Sands