TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Remembering a local teen on his birthday.
Garrett Sands was shot and killed last month at a house party.
On Thursday friends and family are holding a candlelight vigil.
It would have been his 18th birthday.
The vigil is set for Thursday night at 8:30 at Terre Haute South Vigo High School's parking lot.
The event is open the public.
- Garrett Sands vigil set for Thursday
- Funeral services Monday for Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- Hundreds celebrate the life of William Garrett Sands
- Tattoo shop honors Garrett Sands with special designs
- Remembering Garrett Sands through simple acts of kindness
- School supplies donated in honor of Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project helps family heal during the holidays
- "...he brought his A game every day." Garrett Sands remembered by those who knew him
- Remembering a loved one while saving lives; blood drive works to honor Garrett Sands