TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Prom night is something many high school student dreams about but the night comes with a pretty high price tag.
One group wants to help girls have the prom they deserve!
The Garrett Sands Kindness Project is collecting prom dresses, shoes, purses and accessories for the Prom Dress Drive and Giveaway in honor of Garrett Sands.
250 gowns have been donated in Garrett’s memory so far.
Sands’ mother Jayna Sullivan says, “Garrett didn't get to go to his senior prom. I would love for them to wear a dress in memory of Garrett to prom and be a part of the Garrett Sands Kindness Project."
The giveaway is happening March 8th and 9th at the YMCA at Fairbanks Park. Everything is free. The group will also have a small selection of tux rentals and coupons to Men’s Warehouse.
To learn more about the event click here.
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project offers free prom dresses to girls in need
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project helps family heal during the holidays
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project hands out free flowers to local shoppers
- Hair salon hosts free haircuts as part of acts of kindness for Garrett Sands
- Local student receives a letterman jacket on behalf of Garrett Sands Kindness Project
- Salon offers free back to school haircuts in honor of Garrett Sands
- Funeral services Monday for Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands vigil set for Thursday
- Garret Sands Kindness Project gets a 3rd Street billboard