WARREN, Ill. (AP) - Funeral services are set for an Illinois State Police trooper who was struck and killed by a truck last week during a traffic stop.
A visitation for Trooper Brooke Jones-Story will be held Tuesday at Warren High School in the northwestern Illinois community of Warren. Funeral services for the 34-year-old officer will be Wednesday afternoon, also at the high school, followed by a private burial.
Jones-Story was fatally struck Thursday by a truck as she was inspecting a commercial motor vehicle in Freeport.
Three Illinois state troopers have died this year after being struck by vehicles.
Trooper Christopher Lambert died in January near Northbrook. Jones-Story was fatally injured Thursday and Trooper Gerald Ellis died Saturday when his squad car was struck head-on by a wrong-way driver on Interstate 94.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
3/31/2019 11:52:54 AM (GMT -4:00)
- Funeral set for trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Illinois state trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Funeral set for Illinois trooper struck during traffic stop
- Illinois trooper killed in crash remembered at funeral
- Trooper hit by drunk driver
- Funeral arrangements set for teenager killed in weekend crash
- Train carrying GOP lawmakers hits truck, 1 on truck killed
- Mourners gather for funeral of Illinois state trooper
- Funeral arrangements set for Micah Chambers
- Illinois State Trooper killed in accident