WARREN, Ill. (AP) — The funeral is set for an Illinois State Police trooper killed when she was struck by a truck during a traffic stop.
Services for Trooper Brooke Jones-Story are planned Wednesday afternoon at Warren High School in the northern Illinois town of Warren near the Wisconsin border. Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s office says he will attend.
Jones-Story died Thursday in the crash along Route 20 near Route 75 in Freeport. She was a 12-year veteran of the state police. The 34-year-old is one of three Illinois troopers killed in traffic crashes so far this year.
Jones-Story’s family remembered her as a “strong woman” who “had a passion for service.” They say she worked with rescue animals on her farm, was a Chicago Cubs fan and liked working out and Disney movies.
- Funeral set for Illinois trooper struck during traffic stop
- Illinois trooper killed in crash remembered at funeral
- Mourners gather for funeral of Illinois state trooper
- Funeral set for trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Illinois state trooper guilty of soliciting prostitute
- Illinois State Trooper killed in accident
- ACLU files lawsuit against state trooper for alleged constitutional violations during Vigo County traffic stop
- Illinois state trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- 2nd Illinois State Police trooper killed in crash this week
- Illinois trooper shot in East St. Louis executing warrant