DAVIESS CO., Ind. (WTHI) - Funeral Arrangements have been made for a Volunteer Firefighter killed in the line of duty.
27-year-old Kendall Murphy, of Montgomery, passed away while serving in his role as a volunteer firefighter Friday, November 10, 2017.
Blake & Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery says a Visitation will be held Monday, November 13, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Providence Mennonite Church.
The Funeral Home says funeral services are set for Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at Simon J. Graber Complex at 11:00 a.m. The Funeral home says burial will follow in Providence Mennonite Cemetery.
The following is an excerpt of Murphy's Obituary, provided by Blake & Wagler Funeral Home:
Kendall was a 2009 graduate of Barr-Reeve High School and a 2013 graduate of the University of Southern Indiana with a bachelors in Sports Management. He was employed by German American Bank as an insurance agent and employed part time at Country Oaks Golf Course. He coached basketball at Barr-Reeve High School and was starting his fifth season. Kendall was a two-year member of the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department. He was an active member at Providence Mennonite Church. He loved the Kansas Jayhawks, Cincinnati Reds, Notre Dame and golf.
He was preceded in death by his maternal great-grandparents, Herman and Agnes Stoll and Menno and Lydia Lengacher and paternal great-grandparents, Brenda Milton and Fred and Loretta Murphy.
Kendall is survived by his fiancé, Jessica Padgett of Loogootee; parents, Dwayne and Katrina Murphy of Montgomery; sister, Kelsie (Eric) Miller of Washington; nieces, Emma and Halle Miller; maternal grandparents, Bert and Barbara Lengacher and paternal grandparents, Steve and Jean Murphy, all of Montgomery; uncles, Shawn Murphy of Montgomery and Rick (Jan) Lengacher of Goshen; aunt, Tenley (Nathan) Lester of Montgomery and many cousins.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the Barr-Reeve Scholarship Foundation.
Condolences may be made online at www.blakefuneralhomes.com.
To view the details of the story when it was initially reported, click here.
- Funeral arrangements made for Volunteer Firefighter killed in the line of duty
- Mick Newport funeral arrangements
- Funeral arrangements released for local soldier killed in training exercise
- Funeral arrangements set for teenager killed in weekend crash
- Gov. Holcomb directs flags at half-staff in honor of volunteer firefighter killed in line of duty
- Funeral arrangements announced for fallen Boone County Deputy Jacob Pickett
- Volunteer firefighter killed at crash scene
- Illinois State Trooper with Clark County ties killed in the line of duty
- FBI statistics show significant increase in officers intentionally killed in line of duty
- Locals work towards becoming new volunteer firefighters